Gruesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO GRUESOME!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

warrior avoidance guide

Go down 
+2
Xplosions
Horrorslayer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Horrorslayer
Cruel
Cruel
Horrorslayer

warrior avoidance guide Empty
PostSubject: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:50 pm

another guide not made by me okay so dont say anytihng its all credit to janan326. here the guide.

General Information

what is an avoidance tank?
an avoidance tank is some one who empahsizes dodge and defense so they get hit less often, when you reach a certain avoidance number you be come UNCRITTABLE in other words bosses cant crush you for insane amounts of damage in one swipe and wipe your entire raid out.

How can i Tell my avoidance?
You avoidance is based on numerous things its basically composed of your armor defense, parry dodge, to find out your avoidance you are going to need to make a macro with the following script:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format("Need 102.4 avoidance. Currently: %s",floor((GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+(GetCombatRating
Bonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)+20+UnitDefense("Player")-5*UnitLevel("Player"))*0.04)*100)/100))

(if you are having trouble pasting this macro be sure to leave no space between combatrating and bonus so it should actually be one long line like "(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)" pasting it seems to have altered this but hitting back space will be fine)

taken from: http://forums.scapegaming.com/index.php?sh...table&st=20
TY for the macro guys!

When you reach 102.4% avoidance, congradulations! you are now uncrushable and Uncrit!

I want my HP to be HIGH why should i sacrifice HP for avoidance?

Sure and avoidance tank has trouble keeping aggro as much as a stamina tank but this is only on trash mobs majority of the time.
lets look at it like this: A stamina tank can have his HP to 18k for all we care and an avoidance tank's average Hp is 15k or below. BUT at illidan the 18k Stamina tank will be taking 6k crit shots from illidan! making it VERY stressful on healers. an avoidance tank even with 15k HP will NOT SEE that evil 6k rather will not see anything pass 3.6k or so! making healers very happy!
An avoidance tank is actually capable of tanking archimonde with out getting crushed by 15k!
a stamina tank can forget it! unless he has entire groups of healing and are all awake constantly. even then 15k hit + another shot = raid wipe!
so a tank that is uncrit and avoids most of the damage is best for this situation. I have tanked Hyjal BT and SWP donor item free with either 1 elite healer or half the number of healers required compared to a stamina based tank.

Summary:
Stamina Tanks = Balloons
Avoidance tanks = Rock
Bosses= Needle
Guess which one the needle screws over.

How come it is only warriors?! you got something against paladins!?
unfortunately I have geared two paladins and our guild has tried to get their avoidance as high as possible but they never reach uncritable like a warrior can. yes i know the macro is intended for warriors so with the well geared paladins we tanked BT and still got crit shot from bosses and trash. you can still tank as a paladin but unless you DO donate, dont plan on tanking hyjal or swp that easily with out god like healing . if you know how to make a palandin reach uncrit with out donating please tell me! BTW- Warriors reach this number fastest with the least amount of gear then a paladin would need, paladins struggle to reach this number compared to a warrior. dont believe me, then put on the same gear on both a warrior and a paladin and hit the macro and see for your self.

Ok I am convinced how do i make myself uncritable?

Well its all in the gear and build obviously.

*edited now with talent build*

Talent build

This is my own talent build and you are not obliged to use it, but note I built it with what talents are bugged on scape in mind so I think its the best build for scape at the moment.

ARMS: - total-20:
deflection - 5
improved thunder clap- 3
improved heroic strike -3
anger management-1
deep wounds- 3
improved rend-3
impale-2

protection- total-41:
anticipation-5
shield specialization- 5
toughness- 5
defiance- 3
last stand -1
improved sunder armor -3
improved taunt - 2
concussion blow- 1
improved shield bash-2
shield mastery- 3
improved defensive stance- 1
shield slam- 1
focused rage- 3
vitality- 5
devastate- 1

Gear:
(note: the stuff in green is the gear that my tank is wearing. You are not obligated to wear it. it merely serves as a reference.)
General Rule for deciding gear and gems- Defense adds more avoidance then dodge and dodge adds more avoidance then Parry

Helm =
Faceplate of the Impenetrable from Gathios in BT (I have tested avoidance and under no circumstance does t6 raise your avoidance higher then this helm can)
-Crown of Dath Remar- Kil jaedon Sun more trade in(lower avoidance then Face plate of the Impenetrable, but better stats)
Neck=
-Pendant of the titans From essence in BT
- Collar of the Pitlord from Brutallus if you are uncritable WITH it)
-The darkener's Grasp- Kael'thas and the verdant sphere reward

Shoulders=
-Tier 6 Mom in BT
-pauldrons of perseverance from Twins
Back=
- Phoenix wing cloak from Alar in Tempest keep the Eye (adds most total avoid)
-Crimson paragon cover from twins
-slikk's cloak of placation (35 badges of justice reward)

Chest=
-Tier 6 Illidan in BT
-Breast plate of Agony's aversion (entrop sunmote trade in)

Wrists =
-Tier 6 - Kale or twins from SWP
-Eternium Shell bracers From Warlord in BT

Hands=
-Tier 6- Azgalor from Hyjal
-Borderland Fortress Grips from felymst in SWP

Belt =
-Girdle of stability from Gurtogg BLoodboil
-Tier 6 from Brutallus or twins

Legs=
-Tier 6 From Lady malande from BT
-felstrength leg plates (brutallus sunmote trade in)

Boots=
-Myrmidon's Treads from shade of Akama in BT
-Tier 6 from felymst in SWP

Rings =
-Band of the Abyssmal Lord= Supremus in BT
-Ring of Sundered Souls = Morogrim in Serpent shrine cavern
-Ring of unyielding Force- 35 badges of justice reward
-Ring of the Stalward Protector- 60 badges of justice reward
(personally id go with the supremus and morogrim ring, cuz i think they add the most avoid, and the other 2 are a total of 95 badges which are a pain to farm for if your starting from 0 badges lol)

Trinkets=
-Shadowmoon insignia from Gurtogg BLoodboil in BT
Trinket 2=
-Scarab of displacement from Hydross in serpent shrine cavern//-Moroes pocket watch (moroes, but scarab adds more avoidance)

Gun=
-Rifle of the Stoic guardian- From teron gorefiend in BT/
- barrel-blade longrifle (with 2 dodge gems) from Doomwalker outside BT
Shield=
-Sword Breaker's bulwark from felymst in SWP
-Bulwark of Azzinoth from Illidan in BT

Weapon=
-The brutalizer from supremus in BT
-Dragon encrusted Longblade from Kale in SWP (ONLY use Dragonencrusted Longblade from Kale if you are uncritable with out it, the reason why you should put brutalizer b4 is because it adds the most avoidance, the DLB is mostly a aggro holding designed weap, when you reach uncrit with it use this sword seeing as avoidance tanks have a problem keeping trash aggro)
-The Unbreakable Will- Anatheron in Hyjal (if your ever lucky enough to see this drop)
- The Sun Eater - Pathaleon the Calculator in The Mechanar <-- most avoidance
- Cleaver of the Unforgiving- Zul jin in Zul Aman ( a nice yellow socket for a yellow def gem =D )

--- a general rule of thumb is you can use any gear as long as in the end you reach 102.4 or higher, try different combination of gear to make the stats that fit you =)!

Sockets-

For all

-red gems socket in subtle crimson Spinel +10 dodge (parry does not add to your avoidance as much as dodge)

-Yellow-Thick Lionseye +10 defense (defense adds the most to your avoidance)

-Blue- enduring seaspray emerald

Meta - Eternal Earthstorm diamond (shattered sun offensive rep recipe) <--best choice
-Powerful earthstorm diamond (if ur uncrit already and want some extra stam)

-- to get the metas to work you are allowed to sub in purple or green gems as long as you avoidance still stays firm.

Enchantments/item enhancements-

Head -glyph of the defender from caverns of time quartermaster rep= keepers of time

shoulders- Greater inscription of the Knight from scryers inscriptions(remember defense adds more avoid then dodge)

Cloak= Dodge +12 dodge (defense enchant is not in game)

Chest= -exceptional stats +6 stats
-vindicators armor kit (adds + 8 def) from Leatherworking)

wrists= Major defense +12 defense

hands= Threat +2% threat
- +8 Defense (vindicators armor kit)

Legs= Nethercleft Leg Armor From leatherworking, Vindicators armor Kit from leatherworking

Boots= vindicators armor kit from Leatherworking

Weapon= Mongoose- when it activates the speed increase can help you keep aggro better and agility adds to your armor rating which adds to your avoidance! so you get more avoidance when it is active! or if you want some staying avoidance, + 20 agility

Shield = Tough shield= +18 block value for shield slam to hurt more

So with the correct combination of gear you SHOULD read your avoidance to reach 102.4% or above it. When done right you are now uncritable so get yourself out their and tank tank tank! You can experiment with various enchantments to get your tank the way you want it but it is CRUCIAL that you have 102.4% avoidance or above. and remember don't try to raise your avoidance as high as possible because you still need to GET HIT to generate lots of rage to use your skills to hold aggro on bosses. so just being at 102.4 or just a little bit above is good enough.

*edited quick note*
also even though you can go beyound 102.4% I dont suggest stacking it as high as possible because people end up becoming obsessed with stacking avoidance and they forget to balance out their defensive stats. Once you hit the number i suggest you work on stats to improve damage mitigation(stack defense/armor/strength to reduce the damage you still take) or even health. ie: i have 19.7k armor with 16k hp with 41.75 dodge, 593 defense, and balanced with 102.97 avoidance, so i get a decent amount of hp, armor and defense for damage mitigation, and a good amount of dodge to avoid hits.

I hope this guide helps you become a better tank and I hope you will spread the word of avoidance tanks and I hope you keep this guide active so that others may see it!. Avoidance tanks make raids fail less often and therefore people are happier!

If you have any further questions use this thread and I will try to answer it or you can reach me on the horde side with GN: Bloodquake

Thank You for your time in my lecture
another great guide for you guys once again here the link if your having problems
http://forums.scapegaming.com/index.php?showtopic=194870
there and bye good luck
Back to top Go down
Xplosions
Admin
Admin
Xplosions

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:00 am

Thats kinda insane for a non-donor.
ANd this wud be better if you can link the item and gears xD
Back to top Go down
Nighty
Admin
Admin
Nighty

PostSubject: holy cheese   warrior avoidance guide EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:16 pm

K...duration to get that gear would be...DAYS!!!
How about a PvP warrior guide? Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gruesome.forumotion.com
Atx
Spammer!
Spammer!
Atx

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Let me know if you want me to take my time and make warrior PvP guide.(2400 retail 3v3 arena team rating)
Back to top Go down
Kinnuriel
Mod
Mod
Kinnuriel

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am

wow nice for newbie warriors
Back to top Go down
Nighty
Admin
Admin
Nighty

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 am

Atx wrote:
Let me know if you want me to take my time and make warrior PvP guide.(2400 retail 3v3 arena team rating)
Whenever you get the time for it.
Back to top Go down
https://gruesome.forumotion.com
Ledonson
Mod
Mod
Ledonson

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:31 pm

The only Thing that i find funny is that an avoidance tank will still take those lovely crits from archi because def rating on scape is broken. actually alot of things are not working eg... expertise, hit rating, spell penetration and so on....
Back to top Go down
Atx
Spammer!
Spammer!
Atx

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:56 am

well i get pretty annoyed by the ignorant people that say warrior tanks are useless and say rogues are better tanks, ok first off this is just wowscape, rogues dont have alot of health and about 6k armor tops. prot warriors have twice the health and 24k armor. a rogue get critted every hit from a boss because of his armor and die in 1-2 hits, a warrior can take about 13 hits and get crit 1-12 hits he takes from the boss.tanking is taking hits and rogues dont take hits. theres no such thing as a rogue tank except in wowscape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: warrior avoidance guide   warrior avoidance guide Empty

Back to top Go down

warrior avoidance guide
Page 1 of 1